Helping to equip and prepare children and families for back to school just got a little easier, thanks to the Jessie Trice Community Health Center (JTCHC). Starting as early as July 27th and all throughout the month of August, JTCHC will host a Back to School Health Fair at various locations. During the event, children will receive physical examinations (no sports or Head Start Physicals) and immunizations – all for a nominal fee. JTCHC will also provide dental screening for children between the ages of 0-18 years as well as for those involved in Head Start.
“Our Back to School Health Fair is an affordable and effective way for parents to make sure that their children are healthy before school resumes,” said Annie Neasman, RN, MS, president and CEO. “It’s also a great way to obtain vital information on health and wellness.”
The Jessie Trice Community Health Center is offering health services at the following dates/times:
- Main Health Center: July 27 – August 28, 2015 10 AM – 3:30 PM (Mon. – Fri.) 5361 NW 22nd Avenue.Miami, FL 33142
- Flamingo Medical Center: July 27 – August 28, 2015 10 AM – 3:30 PM (Mon. – Fri.) 901 E. 10th Avenue, Bay #39 Hialeah, FL 33010
- Miami Gardens Health Center: July 27 – August 28, 2015 10 AM – 3:30 PM (Mon. – Fri.) 4692 NW 183rd Street Miami, FL 33055
- Children’s Wellness Center: July 27 – August 28, 2015 10 AM – 3:30 PM (Mon. – Fri.) 1190 NW 95th Street, Ste 304 Miami, FL 33150
- Miami Gardens Health Center: August 4, 2015 8 AM – 6 PM 4692 NW 183rd Street, Miami, FL 33055
- Main Health Center: August 22, 2015 9 AM – 2 PM 5361 NW 22nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33142
Costs for the health services are as follows: physical exams are $15, the immunizations administration fee is $10, the PPD administration fee is $5, and there is a $5 fee for those who request a Health Immunization Record (Blue Form). JTCHC insured patients are subject to insurance verification. Patients are asked to bring a birth certificate, photo ID and their immunization records.